Over 900 Questions and Answers containing Practical Advice on Eggs, Feeding, Chicks, Housing, Diseases, Incubators and Brooders, Turkeys, Ducks and Geese.
- Why board floors may not be the best flooring for your poultry housing.
- The length of time a healthy chick will normally take to emerge from its shell after it is pipped, and whether or not you should help a struggling hatching chick.
- How soon after mating the breeding birds the eggs will prove fertile.
- A recipe for Whitewash which can be used to cover the inside and outside of your poultry housing.
- The value of onions as a food for fowls
- A recipe for chick food
- The effect unfertile eggs in the incubator will have during a hatch.
- Remedies to aid in curing chicks of diarrhoea.
- A simple old fashioned recipe that can be used in the treatment in cholera and similar diseases.
- Methods for preventing and removing lice.
- At what stage chicks should be taken from a mother hen
- How very small chicks can best be resuscitated when they have been caught out of the brooder in a heavy rain and are wet and chilled to the point where they are apparently dead.
and lots more!
The beginner and amateur poultry keeper will find a wealth of valuable information within this classic poultry raising guide that can be referred to time and time again.
Number of pages : 125
Format : Digital Book in PDF format
Printable : Yes
File Size : 910kb approx.